The training is based on The American Language Course (ALC) which is a comprehensive set of materials produced by the Defense Language Institute English Language Center (DLIELC).
- General English Intensive Materials
- Instructional Support Materials
- Placement Tests, and Skills Assessment Kits
American Language Course (ALC) consists of extensively researchedand carefullycontrolled lessons of English as a ForeignLanguage.
Materials of ALC
- present a comprehensive curriculum that includes presentations in the areas of language functions;
- vocabulary, grammar, and the four language skills (listening, speaking, reading, writing);
- use contemporary communicative approaches as well as traditional methods of language teaching;
- include extensive instructional guidance to help the non-native instructor;
- contain answers to classroom, homework, and evaluation exercises;
- are based on clearly stated objectives that are reinforced and recycled throughout the course;
- consist of 34 comprehensive instructional packages providing all the materials necessary to lessons the course objectives, i.e., audio recordings with language laboratory exercises, computer-based training, flashcards, videos, quizzes, and performance assessment tools.
The course is intended for all governmental agencies to expand the pool of public employees in command of English sufficient for future operational assignments in multinational environments.
Course active from
14 January 2008
Upcoming course iterations
17 January – 17June 2019
Employees of Kazakh and regional governmental agencies. The course is open to NATO, PfP, MD, ICI and other nations as approved.
Maximum number of students per iteration
Residential iterations: 30
Tuition fee per student
Course contact information
Mr. Alexey A.NESTERENKO, LTC (OF-4), KAZ-A